South Saskatchewan Regional Plan (SSRP):
- Long range, strategic level plan.
- Sets broad management objectives and guidelines.
- Guides management and resource allocation.
- Uses a zoning system to assist managers in decision making.
- Generally mapped to a 1:100000 scale.
Forest Management Plan (FMP):
- Focuses on lands available for timber harvesting as defined by the IRPs.
- Defines the net productive forest land base.
- Defines an Annual Allowable Cut (harvest level) based on a blend of social, environmental and economic values.
- Harvest level established based on a 200-year planning horizon.
- Spatial Harvest Sequence (SHS) established for 20-year period
- FMP is renewed every 10 years.
General Development Plan (GDP):
- Assesses and schedules up to 5 years of harvest areas from the approved SHS
- Assesses and identifies temporary forestry roads and associate watercourse and waterbody crossings
- Guides the integration of forest management activities with other users
- Communicates projected forest management activities to the public and interest groups
- Variance monitoring is completed
- Plan is validated by a professional forester and submitted to the government for approval
Annual Operating Plan (AOP):
- Annual authorization of forest management activities for the upcoming year (May 1 – April 30) including:
- Timber harvesting
- Temporary road construction and maintenance
- Water crossing construction and maintenance
- Temporary camp construction
- Temporary log storage
- Reclamation of previously constructed operationally disturbed areas