Spray Lake Sawmills (SLS) is Inviting All Stakeholders
To Take Part in a Collaborative Planning Session
To provide additional opportunities for meaningful participation early in the operational planning process, SLS is offering a Collaborative Planning Session. SLS values stakeholder input and wants to provide opportunities for collaboration to improve operational plans.
The areas discussed are in the Atkinson Creek and Grease Creek compartments, please see the attached map for the areas of interest where harvest plans are developing.
The following topics will be addressed:
- Identification of stakeholder values in the area
- Specific values (campgrounds, trails, grazing, etc.)
- General values (water quality, wildlife, etc.)
- Spray Lake Sawmills harvesting objectives
- Forest management tools used in harvest design
- Preliminary harvest area and road design
- Mitigation strategies to address stakeholder concerns
- Additional topics (harvest timing, access, etc.)
May 4, 2022
5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
To participate RSVP to email@example.com by April 27, 2022.
The Collaborative Planning Session is for planning upcoming harvest operations for specific areas/compartments. This is not a venue for discussing broad forest management practices such as Operating Ground Rules, land use planning, or concerns outside of the indicated areas. However, the planning session is held in conjunction with the Open House (3pm-7pm) where SLS staff will discuss and answer any questions on broad forest management as well as specifics for any of our operating areas. There is no RSVP required for the Open House.
We look forward to seeing you.